We totally get it – your Joy wedding website comes with a cool URL like http://withjoy.com/yourhandle (think www.withjoy.com/jackandjill). But if you’re itching to make it more ‘you’ with a custom domain, like jacklovesjill.com, we’re all in.
Just so you know, Joy can connect to a custom domain through forwarding. That means when your guests visit your custom domain (say, jacklovesjill.com), they’ll be directed to your Joy website, and withjoy.com/jacklovesjill will be the URL they see. We don’t support forwarding with masking, so your custom domain will be the visible URL.
Setting up your custom domain
To set up a custom domain, follow these steps:
- Click the Menu (hamburger icon) from the admin dashboard and select Event Settings.
- Click on “Add a custom domain (optional)” under your Joy URL.
- Click “Find the perfect domain.”
- Here’s where the fun begins! Let your imagination run wild and hunt for the perfect custom domain that’s as unique as your love story. While .com is the tried-and-true classic, don’t be shy about exploring playful options like .wedding, .us, and .love.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to select and purchase the custom domain.
- The domain you purchase is provided through GoDaddy so you will be setting up an account with them once you add the custom domain to your Cart. This will be different than your Joy login information.
- You’re almost done, now you just need to set your custom domain to forward to your Joy site. Check out this guide to set it up. (If you purchased your domain elsewhere, we’ve shared some forwarding tips here.)
Still have some questions?
Ask us directly! Click on the black and white chat bubble in the bottom-right corner of this page to ask us your questions, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll get a friendly response from someone on our team! 🙂