Let’s talk domain renewal, shall we? By default, your custom domain has a yearly date with destiny, auto-renewing itself one year after its grand purchase. (For instance, if you snagged your domain on October 3, 2023, it’ll do the auto-renew tango on October 3, 2024.)
Now, we’re all for keeping the party going and not losing your domain, but if you’re feeling the urge to hit pause on this auto-renewal shindig, we’ve got your back, and it’s as straightforward as a friendly handshake.
Here’s the game plan if you purchased your domain by clicking the link on the Settings Page:
- Log in to the account where you purchased your domain (right here).
- You’ll see your domain name.
- Next, click “Manage.”
- Head down the page to the ‘Additional Settings’ area.
- You should spot the ‘Auto-renew’ setting.
- Click on the link that says ‘Cancel domain on…’.
- You’ll be greeted by a new page called ‘Manage your Billing.’
- Select the checkbox next to your domain, then click ‘Cancel Renewal.’
- Click ‘Cancel Renewal’ to seal the deal.
- To double-check that the cancelation dance went off without a hitch, look for ‘Cancels’ under ‘Billing Date,’ along with the date your custom domain will bid adieu (instead of ‘Auto Renews’).
And there you have it—you’re done!
Still have some questions?
Ask us directly! Click on the black and white chat bubble in the bottom-right corner of this page to ask us your questions, or you can email us at email@example.com. You’ll get a friendly response from someone on our team! 🙂