By default, your custom domain will auto-renew one year after you purchased your domain. (For example, if you purchased your domain on October 3, 2021, it will auto-renew on October 3, 2022.)
We recommend keeping this on so that you don’t lose your domain.
Turning this setting off is pretty straightforward, however.
- Log in to the account you made when you purchased your domain here.
- After logging in, you might see something like this with your renewal date under the domain.
3. Click on your domain under the section “Domains,” then scroll to the bottom of the section “Additional Settings.”
4. You should see that “Auto-renew” is set to “On.” If it’s set to “Off”, you’re already all set. Otherwise, click on the link “Cancel domain on…”
5. You’ll see a new page “Manage your Billing.” Select your domain, then click “Cancel Renewal.”
You’ll see a dialog confirmation. Click “Cancel Renewal” to confirm. To confirm that your cancelation went through, under “Billing Date” you should now see “Cancels” and the date you will lose your custom domain (rather than “Auto Renews.”)
Still have some questions?
Ask us directly! Click on the black and white chat bubble in the bottom-right corner of this page to ask us your questions, or you can email us at email@example.com. You’ll get a friendly response from someone on our team! 🙂