This step-by-step guide is for couples who bought their custom domain through Joy. Domains purchased through Joy are provided by GoDaddy. If you did not purchase your custom domain through Joy, click here.
- Log in to the account you made when you purchased your domain here.
- After logging in, you might see something like this:
3. If you see a banner asking you to verify your email, please do that first before proceeding to the next step. We want to make sure you used the right email address so that you can manage your domain in the future.
4. After verifying your email, click the 3 vertical red dots then “Connect to an existing site.”
5. Scroll to the bottom of this page and look for where it says “Forward To Any Site.”
6. Paste in your Joy URL into the field and click “Next.” (Not sure what your Joy URL is? Click here to find it. It will start with withjoy.com/ and have something after the backslash, like your names). This will allow anyone who types in your domain name to be redirected to your Joy wedding website.
Note: Be sure to use “HTTPS” in your forwarding link, for better speed and performance
👍🏻 : https://withjoy.com/oliverandphoebe
🚫 : http://withjoy.com/oliverandphoebe
(Tip: Don’t see this option? Make sure you completed step 3 and verified your email.)
NOTE: If you change your Joy URL (withjoy.com/oliverandphoebe in this case) you will need to repeat these steps and reconnect your domain to Joy again with the updated event handle (withjoy.com/OandP2023 for example).*
7. On the confirmation screen, click “Finish” to finalize the connection.
TIP: After setting up forwarding in your domain dashboard, try opening your website in a private/incognito browser window so you can accurately check if your forwarding settings have been applied. If you try opening your custom domain in the same browser window that you opened it in earlier, you may not see the forwarding updates, due to caching.
Still have some questions?
Ask us directly! Click on the black and white chat bubble in the bottom-right corner of this page to ask us your questions, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll get a friendly response from someone on our team! 🙂