This step-by-step guide is for couples who bought their custom domain through Joy. If you did not purchase your custom domain through Joy, click here.
- Log in to the account you made when you purchased your domain here.
- After logging in, you might see something like this:
- If you see a banner asking you to verify your email, please do that first before proceeding to the next step. We want to make sure you used the right email address so that you can manage your domain in the future.
- After verifying your email, under “Domains”, right below the domain you just bought, click “Connect to an existing site.”
- Scroll to the bottom of this page and look for where it says “Forward To Any Site.”
Paste in your Joy wedding website URL and click “Next.” (Not sure what your URL is? Click here to find it.) This will allow anyone who types in your domain name to be redirected to your Joy wedding website.
(Tip: Don’t see this option? Make sure you completed step 3 and verified your email.)
NOTE: If you change your Joy url (withjoy.com/erica-and-ferrero in this case) you will need to repeat these steps and reconnect your domain to Joy again with the updated event handle (withjoy.com/EF2021 for example).*
- On the confirmation screen, click “Finish” to finalize the connection.
You are all set! Your new domain should be up and running within the next five hours.
Still have some questions?
Ask us directly! Click on the black and white chat bubble in the bottom-right corner of this page to ask us your questions, or you can email us at email@example.com. You’ll get a friendly response from someone on our team! 🙂