Guest books serve as a wonderful way for your wedding guests to share a congratulatory note, well wishes, marital advice, or memory with the happy couple.
Whether you want to capture all your guests’ notes virtually, or have a virtual guest book in addition to the physical guest book at your wedding, Joy is here to help. That’s right, you can create a virtual guest book right within your Joy wedding app, capturing all of your guests’ sweet sentiments in one place for you to cherish and enjoy reading for years to come.
If you are having a virtual wedding, be sure to alert your virtual wedding guests about the guest book feature, so they can add their notes or even upload a selfie of them watching your wedding livestream to share the fun memories.
At this time, guests can only add notes or photos to your guest book through Joy’s mobile app, so make sure all of your guests download the app and join your wedding to wish you well on your big day!
Here’s a step-by-step guide to Joy’s guest book:
- Have your guests download and open the Joy app. If a guest has already joined your event they can select that event, or if they haven’t joined your event yet, they can click ‘Join an Event’ and enter your Joy website URL to search for your event.
- After successfully joining the event, guests will see your app home feed open first. From there, they should scroll all the way to the bottom where they will see a ‘Moments’ card. Guests should then click on the option to ‘Share a message or photo in our guest book.’
- Guests will then land on your ‘Moments’ page. From here, they should click on the ‘plus sign’ at the bottom of the screen.
- If guests click on the ‘Use Camera’ option, they will need to grant the app access to their camera so they can take a photo and add it to the event. If they click on ‘Pick Photo,’ they can add a photo from their photo gallery to the event. If they click on ‘Post Message,’ they will be able to add a written message to you. They will then need to click on ‘Post moment’ to save the moment:
- Once moments (photos and written messages) are posted via the app, you and your guests can view them from the ‘Moments’ page of the app by clicking on the ‘image’ icon at the bottom of the screen. You’ll then see a nice arrangement of photos and written messages from guests:
- You can also find these photos and messages from the ‘Moments’ page of your wedding website, under the ‘Event Photos’ tab:
Tip: If you wish, you can even change the display title of your ‘Moments’ page to ‘Guest Book’ or anything else you’d like. This change will then appear on both your website and the app. Just head over to your ‘Settings’ page from your website to change the title of the page.
The notes and images on your ‘Moments’ page will live on for years to come, serving as a virtual guest book you can always enjoy and look back at! For further help adding photos to your wedding website and mobile app, click here.
Still have some questions?
Ask us directly! Click on the black and white chat bubble in the bottom-right corner of this page to ask us your questions, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll get a friendly response from someone on our team! 🙂