Your e-card correspondence is a significant part of your guests’ experience leading up to your big day. As such, you might want to send invitation e-cards tailored to each of your wedding events, especially if you’re inviting different guests to each event. Whether you want to send separate e-cards for the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, or another wedding-related gathering, you can easily do so with Joy. Let’s walk you through how it works.
1. To start creating your e-card for a specific event, head over to the ‘Cards’ section on your admin dashboard and click on ‘Invitations.’
(Note: As an alternative method, you can head over to the ‘Planning’ section on your admin dashboard and click on ‘Guest List.’ From there, select ‘Send Invites & Messages’ in the top-right corner and then ‘Invitation E-Card’ from the drop-down menu.)
2. Click on the ‘Design and Send’ button under the ‘Make it Yours’ section on the next page.
3. From here, you can click on the ‘Edit Theme’ button to change the design of your e-card and the ‘Edit Details’ button to change the text, which are both located to the right.
4. After clicking on ‘Edit Details,’ you’ll see two text boxes: one for the front card greeting message and one for the back card message. In this example, Jack & Jill want to send an e-card to guests invited to their rehearsal dinner.
Card details (front)
Card details (back)
5. Once your e-card is to your liking, click on the ‘Next’ button in the lower right-hand corner of the e-card screen.
6. You’ll then move on to the email stage. Here is where you can edit the email that contains your e-card. Click on the ‘Edit Email’ button to the right of the email editor.
7. This will open a screen containing various text boxes you can edit, such as the email subject, headline, subheadline, photo, and more.
8. Once the details of your email are to your liking, click on the ‘Next’ button in the lower right-hand corner of the email screen. On the next page, you have three options: ‘Select Guests’ (to add your email/e-card recipients), ‘Send Test Email’ (to test how your email/e-card will appear from the guest perspective), and ‘Send Now’ (to send your email/e-card to your selected guests). From this page, start by clicking on the ‘Select Guests’ button to add your email recipients.
9. This will open a pop-up screen where you can select the guests you want to send your rehearsal dinner e-cards to. From here, you can either search by guest name or label or checkmark the appropriate label under the ‘My Labels’ section. In this example, the ‘Rehearsal’ label is check-marked, which automatically shows the guests associated with that label in the right-hand side column.
(Hint: Labels are a handy tool that help you organize your Guest List however you wish — by event, by role, by table, or any way you think is useful. Click here to learn how to add and use guest list labels.)
10. Once you’ve selected your guests, click on the ‘Done’ button at the bottom, which returns you to the previous screen. If you wish, you can then choose to send a test email to yourself by clicking on the ‘Send Test Email’ button. When you’re ready to officially send your e-cards, click on the ‘Send Now’ button.
11. You’ll be redirected to the main invitations screen, where a pop-up notification will appear at the bottom, alerting you that your e-cards were sent.
12. If you now want to create new invitations, this time for your ceremony, return to your admin dashboard and click on ‘Invitations.’
(Hint: We recommend using the Change the Date e-card if your date and/or location will be different for each of your events, as it’s the only e-card that helps you edit those details.)
16. From here, click on the ‘Design and Send’ button from the main invitations page to return to the e-card editor.
17. You can now start customizing your invitations for the ceremony. Click on ‘Edit Theme’ if you’d like to switch up the design of your invitations and/or ‘Edit Details’ to customize the text for your ceremony.
Selecting a new theme for your ceremony
Customizing the text for your ceremony
18. Once you’re happy with the new theme and/or new text for your ceremony, click on the ‘Done’ button at the bottom. From here, click on ‘Edit Email’ at the bottom of the e-card editor page to customize the email that contains your ceremony invitations. Just as you did for your previous event (the rehearsal dinner), you can edit the email subject, photo, email message, and more! When done, click on the ‘Done’ button at the bottom.
19. It’s now time to select the guests you want to invite to your ceremony. Click on ‘Confirm & Send’ at the bottom of the e-card editor page. On the new page that appears, click on the ‘Select Guests’ button, next to ‘Add recipients.’
20. Here is where you can select a guest list label (if you’ve established labels), search for a specific name, and/or select a guest name from the ‘My Guests’ list. Once you’re happy with your ceremony guest list, click on the ‘Done’ button at the bottom.
21. From here, you can either send a test email to yourself — to test how the invitation and invitation email will appear from the guest perspective — or simply click on the ‘Send Now’ button to send your ceremony invitations to the guests you’ve selected.
You can then repeat this invitation process for each of your other wedding events!
Still have some questions?
Ask us directly! Click on the black and white chat bubble in the bottom-right corner of this page to ask us your questions, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll get a friendly response from someone on our team! 🙂