Do you want to personally text or email your guests links to their own personal eCards? Whether you just want to add that personal touch or want to make sure your eCard lands in your friend’s personal inbox, you can do that with Joy.
The invitation eCard works the same way on the guest’s end – they get a direct and personal link to their invitation from you, open it up, and see your gorgeous wedding invite which lets them open up your website and/or allows them to RSVP directly.
Sending the personalized eCard link
To send a personalized eCard link, you will need to:
- Open your Guest List page from your admin dashboard. From there, you can then click on the guest’s profile icon for the guest that you want to send the eCard link to, and then open their tracking tab as seen below:
- Under the “Tracking” tab on your guest’s profile, you will see the personalized eCard link that you can copy to your clipboard by clicking on the “copy” icon, or by selecting the link manually. You can send the link to your guests via text message, personal email, or any other electronic communication method of your choice like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger etc.
- Once guests receive the link, they will be brought directly to their own personalized eCard link that is associated with their name on your guest list.
***REMEMBER – These links are personalized for each guest. Please be sure you do NOT share the same link with more than 1 guest!
Why send a personalized eCard link?
There are several reasons you may want to send a personalized eCard link! For example, if you send 100 guest invitations, and then maybe three of your guests say they didn’t get the email, (maybe they missed it in their inbox or it was deleted accidentally), you can then send those three guests their own personalized eCard link to ensure their eCard invite gets to them directly and they don’t miss it.
Also, say you craft your eCard invite and send it out to 100 guests. Then you make some edits to the eCard and send out a second round of invites, or maybe you add some additional details for certain guests, but you want to send the original eCard to certain guests that may have missed it the first time. Without having to go back and re-edit the eCard back to its original form, you can just send the personalized eCard link and the guests will receive the original eCard you sent.
Additionally, you can always keep checking the “last email status” column on your guest list to see who hasn’t opened the eCard yet. For those that haven’t opened it yet, you can text or email them their personal eCard link with a message like, “Hey! I sent you an eCard invitation through email, but in case it got lost in your inbox, here is a direct link to your own eCard!”
A few important things to note with the eCard links…
- Again, don’t share the eCard link with anyone other than the guest you want to send it to, or someone else will be able to RSVP as the guest you selected!
- The eCard links are only available after you have already sent an eCard once. If you haven’t sent an eCard to a guest, then the link won’t be available yet.
- If you want to test the link, open it in a private browsing window to avoid being logged out.
- The personalized eCard links are only available for eCards that were sent after August 9th, 2018.
Still have some questions?
Ask us directly! Click on the black and white chat bubble in the bottom-right corner of this page to ask us your questions, or you can email us at email@example.com. You’ll get a friendly response from someone on our team! 🙂