When you transfer an external registry into Joy, all of the items from that registry will appear on your registry. You’ll be able to turn off (hide) the external registry once your gifts are transferred. (Help me do that.)
You’ll also be able to add, update, remove those items right inside of Joy. (Syncing is no longer required since you’re making all changes inside of Joy.) You’ll also be able to see who gave you what inside of Joy.
Which Stores Can I Transfer into My Joy Registry?
Bed Bath & Beyond
Crate & Barrel
How would I add additional gifts from that store?
You can still search and browse on your favorite stores and retailers like before. The main difference is that instead of adding items to the external registry, you’ll add the items into Joy directly.
There are 3 easy ways of doing that.
- Use the Joy Browser Button. – Drag the button into your Bookmarks bar. Then, use it like the Pinterest Pin button – click on it whenever you see an item you like, and it’ll help you add the item to your Joy Registry. (How to)
- Use the Joy App – The app allows you to search and browse your favorite stores and add items directly to Joy. The app also allows you to paste in a link to the item you love.
- Manually add the gift – Type in your gift name, url and add a photo of the items you love. (How to)
Would guests be able to look up my Joy registry in a store?
Currently, Joy registries are not searchable on other stores. However, guests can search for a Joy registry here.
I have a registry I already created elsewhere, how do I transfer it to my Joy website?
You can transfer external registries from any store listed above to your Joy wedding website so your guests can get to all your registries from one place. It is very easy.
1. Log into your Joy account and open your wedding dashboard.
2. Click “Registry” and then select the “My Registry” tab in the top-right corner of the page.
3. Click the purple “Add Registry” button.
3. Paste the URL to the external registry in the “Registry URL” field. This should be the same link/URL that the registry platform asks you to share with your friends and family.
4. Click “Add Registry”
Note: If the registry is one of the above, that supports display products, items will take up to 5 minutes to appear in your registry.
Still have some questions?
Ask us directly! Click on the black and white chat bubble in the bottom-right corner of this page to ask us your questions, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll get a friendly response from someone on our team!