Your wedding website is your digital playground, and the Settings tab is where the magic happens. It’s like being handed the keys to a candy store – you get to pick and choose all the sweet stuff you want. From rearranging pages to crafting a website that’s all about you, it’s in your control. Let’s dive in and turn that website into a masterpiece that even Picasso would be impressed by (okay, maybe not, but close!).
To access the Settings Page
- Click that little menu button (it’s the hamburger icon in the upper corner of your admin dashboard),.
- Select Event Settings.
- When you land on the Settings page from the admin dashboard, you’ll spot four tabs at the top left: General, Menu, Security & Privacy, and Admin.
We’ll start by unraveling the wonders of the ‘General’ tab.
Here, you’re the captain of customizations. You can tweak the basics of your site, like:
- Joy URL (that’s the unique name in your web address).
- Event display name (how your names show up).
- Update your announcement banner.
- Set your event date, location, and timezone.
- Feeling fancy? You can decide whether to display an event countdown or the “Get Our App” page.
- And if you ever want to bid farewell to your site, you can do that right here too.
- Remember to hit ‘Save’ in the top right corner after making any changes
Now, let’s talk ‘Menu.’ This is where you get to arrange, rename, and control your event pages.
- To rearrange pages: Click and drag on the dotted rectangle next to each page name.
- Need a new title for a page? Click the page name, and a dialog box will pop up for your creative juices to flow with the title of the page.
- Want to disable or enable a page? In that same handy dialog box you see when you click the page name, you can choose whether to “Show page in menu” or not.
Security & Privacy
Time for a chat about ‘Security & Privacy.’
You’ve got a handful of settings here to match your style:
- Change your event password (that secret key to access private sections) at the top of the page.
- Customize your Search Privacy to hide from the “Find A Couple” feature or search engines.
- Set the privacy mode of your website and event pages. Go fully private, entirely public, or mix it up with ‘Custom.’
- With ‘Custom,’ you’re the boss and can decide which pages need a password and which can stay public. Password-protected pages stay hidden until guests enter the magic code by clicking “Guest Only Details.”
A quick tip: If your mobile app is involved, the event password is needed to unlock everything at once upon logging in.
Lastly, let’s take a peek at the ‘Admin’ tab.
Here, you can see:
- Who’s running the show (owner/admins of the site).
- Who’s waiting in the wings (pending admin invites).
- Add new admins.
- Pass the ownership torch (transfer event ownership).
- Revoke admin privileges.
And that’s a wrap! Your site is now tailored to you. Happy planning, and may your wedding website be as unique as your love story! 😄
Still have some questions?
Ask us directly! Click on the black and white chat bubble in the bottom-right corner of this page to ask us your questions, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll get a friendly response from someone on our team! 🙂