Who doesn’t love gifts? Sometimes it’s a relief to know exactly what to give, without the pressure of finding that one-of-a-kind, clever, and beautiful present. That’s where registries shine.
Of course, not everyone may want a registry on their website or app. You have the flexibility to add or remove this section as your preferences (or your sudden desire for that gravy boat you spotted last weekend) change.
To begin, head over to the “Registry” page from your admin dashboard.
Adding external registry links
- First, let’s make sure you’re in the right spot. Click on the ‘Gifts’ Tab of the Registry Page.
- Now, here comes the fun part – click “Connect a Registry” under the External Registry section:
A friendly dialog box will pop up, where you get to:
- Select your registry provider,
- Type in the registry URL,
- Finally, click “Get Started.”
Sync or Transfer
When Joy and your chosen store have a special connection, you get options:
- Transfer: Manage all gifts right here in Joy.
- Sync: Keep track of gifts on the store’s site and display them here on Joy.
If you prefer to manage gifts on the store’s site, no worries! Just click “No thanks, I’d like to continue adding gifts through (retailer’s name).”
Feel free to add as many links as you’d like – it’s super easy!
Now, if we can’t sync or transfer with your store, we’ll display the store’s logo. Guests can click it on your page to visit the retailer’s site.
Our site will even try to find the logo for your registry, like those Crate and Barrel, William Sonoma, and John Lewis logos you see above. If we can’t, don’t stress – you can type in a registry title to display on our website.
Adding a Welcome Note
Give your page a personal touch with a registry message. This is the last thing your guests will read before browsing your registry list.
- Click on “Settings” in the Gifts tab.
- Then, select “Edit Welcome Note.”
- Now, it’s time to let your creativity flow – edit the text in the text box.
- Last but not least, click “Save Note.”
Rearrange your stores
- Head over to the “Gifts” tab and find the “External Registry” section.
- Look for the trusty pencil icon – give it a click!
- Now, you’re in control! Drag and drop your registries into your preferred order.
Deleting an extra registry
- Start by clicking on the pencil icon located under the External Registry section.
- Then, select “View” next to the registry you wish to remove.
- Another box will appear.
- Look to the bottom left corner of that box and find the “Delete Registry” option.
- Finally, click on it, and you’re all set! The registry will be successfully removed from your registry page.
Still have some questions?
Ask us directly! Click on the black and white chat bubble in the bottom-right corner of this page to ask us your questions, or you can email us at email@example.com. You’ll get a friendly response from someone on our team! 🙂