If you’re reading this, then you’re probably planning a wedding. Congratulations! We’re thrilled that you’ve chosen Joy to be a part of your big day! Below is a list of everything you’ll need to start creating the most beautiful and useful wedding website and mobile app possible. Just follow the steps and add in the things you want for your site as you go. Let’s get started!
Step 1 – Create Your Joy Wedding
- Create a wedding site with Joy.
- It’s easy to get started with Joy! To create a Joy wedding just click here
- The wedding creation page will ask your name, your partner’s name, and the date and location of your wedding. If you haven’t decided on a firm date or location yet, don’t worry! You can easily change these details later.
Step 2 – Edit Your Joy Wedding
- Explore your User Profile. Log in on https://withjoy.com/account/events and click on your wedding. This will take you to your admin dashboard.
- Add your admins: Add your partner, maid of honor, best man, or wedding planner as admins. With admin privileges, they can help manage your website and app!
- Customize your Wedding Site: add or remove sections and make sure your website and app include all of the information guests will need.
- Tip: Like everything else in Joy, you can re-add and remove sections whenever you want.
- Download the app: Click here for iOS and here for Android.
Step 3 – Choose Your Wedding Style
- Upload your engagement photos: Whether they’re candid vacation snaps or professional photos, your guests will love seeing them.
- Personalize your wedding’s theme with hundreds of combinations of layouts and themes.
- Pick your web and app cover photo. Let your inner-perfectionist go wild. Reposition both to make sure everything looks exactly as you envisioned.
- Pick the color and font that best represent your wedding.
Step 4 – Add Wedding Details
- Write your Story and tell your loved ones how the whole thing started. Feel free to include Tidbits to add some flair.
- Add your wedding party. They will be featured in a special section on both the website and app.
- Tip: Invite them before the rest of your guests so they can get started helping you with all of your planning!
- Create your wedding Schedule to make sure your guests know exactly when and where everything will take place. Don’t forget to choose the event for your Wedding Countdown.
- Add Hotel and Lodging information so your guests can find a place to stay and don’t forget about your Registry section so guests know what gifts to give.
- Tip: Make sure to have a backup contact for your big day. This person could be your Maid of Honor, Best Man, Brother, Sister, or even your wedding planner. This way, if guests have questions during the wedding, you’ll be covered.
Step 5 – Set Your Security
- Adjust your Security Settings: Control what the general public can see and what will only be accessible to guests.
- Decide whether you’ll require a code to access your website and app, whether guests can invite other guests, and what can be shared on social media.
Step 6 – Prepare Your RSVPs
- Add your RSVP questions and decide which pre-set questions you want to ask your guests (e.g. dietary restrictions), and whether custom questions are needed. Questions can be changed, added, or turned off later.
- Write your invitation message: This will be sent to all guests when you invite them to view your website and download Joy.
- Test your RSVP and invitation email. We recommend setting up a “fake guest” profile or two. Don’t worry, you can delete these later.
- Tip: If you have Gmail, you can use your email for fake profiles, simply add +test1 or +test2 to create a unique email that will still go to your inbox. For example, if your normal email is firstname.lastname@example.org, you could create a fake guest profile with the email email@example.com
Step 8 – Invite Your Guests
- Managing Your Guest List– Add your couples, families, and friends to your list either by entering them one by one, or by uploading a spreadsheet with your guest list.
- Set up Private Events if you want to hide some events from certain guests and show specific events to certain guests.
- Next, Invite your guests – Send out an eCard through the guest list or add your Joy link directly on your paper invite so guests can visit your site and RSVP.
- Tip: Add your vendors to your guest list. This allows them to better understand your vision and makes it easy to refer them to your friends and family who are inspired by parts of your wedding. It’s a win-win.
- Check their responses: Remind guests to RSVP and review everyone’s responses.
Step 9 – Share Joy
- Add more photos to your gallery.
- Your guests can use the app to share photos and write in your wedding guest book. They’ll just need to scroll down to your Moments Page.
- View all of the photos posted by your loved ones.
- Find the answers to your questions and more tips and tricks at help.withjoy.com!
Still have some questions?
Ask us directly! Click on the black and white chat bubble in the bottom-right corner of this page to ask us your questions, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll get a friendly response from someone on our team! 🙂