Welcome to the Joy messaging extravaganza, where you don’t need a megaphone or a flock of carrier pigeons to keep your guests in the loop. We’re about to make the process of sharing updates, reminders, and those last-minute “uh-ohs” a breeze.
So, what’s the deal? With Joy’s general message and reminder email features, you can send a message to your entire guest list (or just a select group) in the blink of an eye. No more marathon texting sessions or playing phone tag with Aunt Mildred. Whether it’s a sudden change of plans, a quirky weather forecast, you just want to keep your guests on their toes, or that RSVP deadline is quickly approaching, these messages land right in your guests’ inboxes, complete with your Event Page Photo as the pièce de résistance. It’s like getting an email from you and your fiancé but with more pizzazz.
Now, let’s get down to business and show you how to work your messaging magic:
- Head to your Guest List from your admin dashboard.
- Select your guests by clicking those handy checkboxes next to their names. You can even search for specific names at the top, or go all-in with the “Select All” checkbox.
- Find the “Send” button in the upper-right corner.
- You’ll see five pre-built email templates you can use, including “Reminder Email” and “General Message Email.” For this joyride, pick the one that suits your fancy.
- Just click that little “Edit Email” button to the right of the preview and the stage is yours. Customize your message to your heart’s content. Personalize it, add your unique flair, and make it yours. Once your masterpiece is complete, hit ‘Save’ and give it a twirl.
- Click ‘Next.’
- And now, the grand finale! Click ‘Send Now.’ Watch as your messages take flight to your eagerly awaiting guests.
What your guests will see
Bonus Feature: We’re all about making your life easier, so we automatically include your guests’ first names in the email greeting. For groups, like couples or families, everyone gets a shout-out, even if only one email address is listed per party.
Notice how Emily is the only guest in the group with an email address listed on the guest list, but the email is addressed to Emily and Richard
Note that you will receive this pop-up for any guests who don’t have an email address listed. In this case, because Richard Gilmore is grouped with Emily Gilmore [who has an email address listed], you can disregard this pop-up.
Not every message is meant for every guest. Maybe you’re hosting an exclusive brunch for rehearsal dinner guests, and you want to spill the beans about the venue, date, and time. Enter Joy’s Guest Tags. These nifty tags help you quickly find the guests you’re looking for, whether it’s the “Rehearsal” tag or any other tag you’ve created. You can learn more about assigning and using tags here.
Now, let’s take a look at the status of your messages. You can easily track who’s opened your email, who hasn’t, and who might need a gentle reminder. Just head over to the Last Email Status column on your Guest List, and you’ll find all the juicy details.
So whether you’re sharing those last-minute updates or navigating through unexpected twists and turns, Joy’s got your back with its messaging superpowers.
Still have some questions?
Ask us directly! Click on the black and white chat bubble in the bottom-right corner of this page to ask us your questions, or you can email us at email@example.com. You’ll get a friendly response from someone on our team! 🙂