If you want to share a congratulatory note, well wishes, marital advice, or memory with the happy couple, Joy makes it easy. It all happens in the virtual guestbook, which you can find within the couple’s Joy wedding app. This is where you can write a sweet sentiment, and where the couple can read their messages from you and other guests for years to come.
Beyond messages, guests can even upload photos to the virtual guestbook. This is especially useful if the couple is having a live-streamed wedding, and you want to add a selfie to the guestbook as you watch their live stream — just to share fun memories.
At this time, you can only add notes or photos to the couple’s virtual guestbook through Joy’s mobile app. So to get in on the fun and share well wishes with the couple, be sure to download the app!
A step-by-step guide to writing a note (or posting a photo) in the couple’s virtual guestbook
1. Download and open the Joy app. If you’ve already joined the couple’s event, you can simply select that event. If you haven’t joined the couple’s event, click on “Join an Event” and enter the couple’s Joy website URL.
2. After successfully joining the event, you’ll see the couple’s app home feed open first. Scroll to where you see the ‘Moments’ card. You should then tap on the option to ‘Share a message or photo in our guest book.’
3. You’ll then land on the couple’s ‘Moments’ page. From here, tap on the ‘plus sign’ at the bottom of the screen.
4. Three options will appear at the bottom of the screen: ‘Use Camera,’ ‘Pick Photo,’ and ‘Post Message.’
5. If you click on the ‘Use Camera’ option, you’ll need to grant the app access to your camera so you can take a photo and add it to the event. If you click on ‘Pick Photo,’ you can add a photo from your photo gallery to the event. If you click on ‘Post Message,’ you can add a written message to the couple. You will then need to click on “Post Moment” to save the moment:
6. Once moments (photos and written messages) are posted via the app, you and the couple can view them from the ‘Moments’ page of the app by tapping on the ‘image’ icon at the bottom of the screen. You’ll then see a nice arrangement of photos and written messages:
7. You can also see these photos and messages from the ‘Moments’ page of the couple’s wedding website, under the ‘Event Photos’ tab:
Know that the sweet sentiments you share with the happy couple will live on for years to come, serving as a virtual guestbook they can always enjoy and look back on fondly.
Still have some questions?
Ask us directly! Click on the black and white chat bubble in the bottom-right corner of this page to ask us your questions, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll get a friendly response from someone on our team!