Privacy is gold, and at Joy, we’re all about fortifying your event’s security. That’s why we’re excited to introduce you to the ‘strict name matching’ feature that’s like a velvet rope for your RSVPs. Only people on your guest list will be able to RSVP when you’re using this feature.
How It Works:
Meet Chris Smith. If he’s on your list as Chris Smith and he RSVP’s with Chris Smith, he’s in. If he RSVPs”s with Christopher Smith, the site won’t recognize him and he won’t be able to RSVP. But, Chris can fix the spelling to RSVP or opt to send you a message through the site. If he messages you through the site, you’ll get an email letting you know someone not on your guest list tried to RSVP.
Quick note: Names are picky, but not case-sensitive. chris or Chris, it’s all good.
Setting Up Strict Name Matching:
- Open up the Guest List page from the admin dashboard.
- Click that gear icon in the top right corner.
- Toggle ‘Restrict RSVP To Guest List’ so it switches to purple.
- Voilà, only official guests get to RSVP.
- Two Chris Smiths on your guest list? Be sure to include an email address. It will serve as the tie-breaker to determine who is responding.
- First and last names are must-haves when building your guest list.
Privacy wins, every time. 🚪🔒
Still have some questions?
Ask us directly! Click on the black and white chat bubble in the bottom-right corner of this page to ask us your questions, or you can email us at email@example.com. You’ll get a friendly response from someone on our team! 🙂