When you add a cash fund to your Joy registry, you have the option to have your guests contribute “Any Amount” or “Fixed Amounts.” You will also have the option to set a goal.
- Any Amount (left): This option lets your guests contribute whatever amount they wish to your cash fund. You can also set a goal if you have one. This goal will always be visible to you when you’re managing your registry. You can choose to “hide goal from guests” if you’d like.
- Fixed Amounts (right): With this option, you set a fixed gift size increment that guests can contribute towards your cash fund. For example, if you set your gift size increment to be $50, guests can give you 1 gift of $50, 2 gifts of $50 (which comes out to $100), 3 gifts of $50 (which comes out to $150), and so on.
Tip: How do you set a quantity and gift size?
First, think about the total amount you’re hoping to receive. Then, think about what gift size options you would like to have. Would you like gift size increments to be $50, 75, 100, 200? Lastly, divide the total amount by the gift size increment – that will give you quantity (the number of gifts you’d like.)
For example, let’s say you want to receive $300. And let’s say you want your gift size to be $50. Then you can write in a quantity of 6. You’ve now created a cash fund that’s 6 gifts of $50!
Which option should you use?
- Want to make it easy for your guests to decide what to contribute?
Use “Fixed amounts.” Guests can choose from your gift size increments, ie. if you have a gift size increment of $50, guests can choose to gift $50, $10, $150, and so on.
- Want to give guests flexibility in contributing whatever they wish?
Use “Any amount.”
- Have a goal you want to meet?
Use “Any amount” and add your target goal.
- Want to set a goal for tracking, but don’t want any guests to see?
Use “Any amount” and add your target goal but set it to be hidden.
Here is what your guests will see:
We’ve made collecting cash easy and flexible for you.
Still have some questions?
Ask us directly! Click on the black and white chat bubble in the bottom-right corner of this page to ask us your questions, or you can email us at email@example.com. You’ll get a friendly response from someone on our team! 🙂