April 24, 2017
- New Feature: Section ordering! You’ve asked for it, and it’s here. Have control over the order of each section on your site. (App updates that support section ordering coming soon.)
- Moved section renaming into Security & Settings page
- Fix issue where users could not log on in Safari in-private browsing
- Added registries
April 21, 2017
- Added an “offline” indicator bar on the RSVP pages to let guests know if they’ve lost connection while RSVPing
- Fixed issue where ‘Create Wedding’ was not appearing on the home page for new users
- Fixed issue where ‘Join Wedding’ was not opening up a dialog on the home page on Firefox
April 14, 2017
- Brought back ability for admins to delete photos on their wedding website, in the Moments Lightbox view
- In the Guest List, allow sorting by last updated, using the “Updated On” column
- In the Guest List, rename the “Email” column to “Contact Email” to clear up confusion
- In the Guest List, display the account email associated with the Joy account on hover over the account icon in the “Signed-In” column. A guest may have signed in with a Joy account with an email different from their preferred contact email.
- Removed step asking for a “Profile Photo” during RSVP
April 5, 2017
- Now you can make events in your schedule with no end time
- Fixed sporadic issue where the RSVP would get stuck on the first page
Joy for iOS, v0.0.22
April 3, 2017
- Correct the RSVP questions asked to the guest and improve rsvp experience
- Stop auto-correct when entering the event code
- Engagement photos can now be deleted
- Disable Facebook/Instagram sharing depending on wedding settings
- Guest greeting now supports markdown syntax
March 29, 2017
- Fixed issue with downloading the CSV of the guest list in Firefox
- Fixed infinite loading situation on the Date step while creating a wedding
- Fixed issue when the first page on RSVP gets stuck
- Fixed line-height formatting issue on the Welcome screen on the wedding website
March 28, 2017
- Fixed guest list loading issues
- Fixed guest list CSV export issue in Safari
- Improved name editing experience on the guest list
- Fixed issue where admins were not seeing a Delete option on their Moments timeline and their Moment viewer
- Fixed issue where images were missing from older emails
- Show user account email information in the guest list (so admins can differentiate between different accounts more easily)
- Streamlined UI on the Security page and RSVP questions page
- Updated our 404 page to be more helpful and user-friendly!
March 24, 2017
Lots of bug fixes for issues that our amazing users have brought to our attention. Thanks for always reaching out and being patient with us as we keep growing!
- Fixed user-reported issue where cropped versions of images were not saving properly. (This affected cropping in Photos, Wedding Party, and Guest RSVP)
- Fixed user-reported issue where certain RSVPs were not saving
- Fixed user-reported issue where events that occurred during a Daylights Savings change day were not saving property
- Fixed user-reported issues where the “+” button was blocking the “Save” buttons on the Wedding Party cropping page on the mobile site
- Fixed user-reported issue where RSVP questions that were turned off still appeared as a column on the Guest List
- Fixed user-reported issue where the “-” for a schedule event’s times looked like a “_” on large screens
Joy for iOS, v0.0.21
March 23, 2017
- “To Be Announced” events (events with no time set yet) now appear in the Schedule
- Fixed issue in the Tidbits section when emojis are used
- Fixed issue with disabling the guest list and the “Invite Guests” feature on the app
- Removed the couple’s name from any prompts within the app
March 20, 2017
- We heard some confusion about the difference between “Engagements Photos” and “Wedding Photos”, which appeared as 2 connected grids on the Moments section of your website. To clear that up, we now display separately each section separately under Moments on your website, and have renamed them as “Our Photos” and “Event Photos.”
Joy for iOS, v0.0.20
March 15, 2017
- Updated the Notifications page in Settings. Made it more clear how to give explicit permission for Joy to send notifications.
- Fixed issue where the keyboard was not dismissible on certain pages
- Fixed regression where ‘Get current location’ and Google Places autocompleting was not working for addresses
- Allow long RSVP questions to expand
- Removed suggestions from the “About Me” page
- Fixed issue where a guest profile sometimes showed another guest’s “About Me”
- Cleaned up UI throughout app, including the FAQ note, and the Create Wedding workflow
- Fixed message editing issues in Announcements
- Allowed users to upload photos from their Favorites, Selfies, and Recently Added folder
- Ask user to give permission for Joy to save events to their calendar, if permission has not been given yet
March 14, 2017
- Introducing: The Print Shop – With a few clicks, order invitations, menu and schedule cards and more that perfect match your Joy website and app. Now available on select designs!
- Fixed issue found in saving Tidbits
- Fixes for server crashes
March 10, 2017
- Added ability to reset your password on withjoy.com/me!
- Fixed CSV guest import issue
- Fixed issue where the Welcome section of the wedding website was not falling back and displaying the Mobile cover photo if the Welcome cover photo was not explicitly set
Joy for Android, v0.14.2
March 10, 2017
- Fixed issue where multiple registry logos may reappear
- Fixed issue where a guest may not appear on the guest list
- UI improvements on the main menu
- Fixed a lot of crashes!
March 7, 2017
Some more bug bashing from the team. We have…
On the wedding website:
- Added line break support to the new Wedding Party section
- More improvements to the loading speed of each section on the website
- Fixed formatting issues in the “Enter our event code” popup in IE11
- Added logos for many more registries and charities
- Fixed issue where photos of the Wedding Party wouldn’t appear if no engagement photos had been added previously
- Increased loading speed for guests when uploading profile photos
- Fixed formatting issues on the Moments lightbox view in IE11
In the “Guest List” section of the admin dashboard:
- We have a new, simpler, and clearer way of adding new guests
- Added better save and error statuses when editing email invites
- Added a new invite mechanism when adding admins who haven’t created a Joy account yet
In other sections of the admin dashboard:
- Added a “copy to clipboard” feature for your event code
- Fixed glitchy “Add” button in the Schedule section on the mobile site
- Fixed finicky timepicker for editing Shuttle cards in the Travel section
- See any custom CSS you have added to your site more readily in the Security section
March 1, 2017
The team has been hard at work fixing bugs last month! We have…
- Improved server stability
On the wedding website…
- Fixed issue where cover photos were not appearing on Android tablets
- Made it easier to preview the image alignment when aligning cover photos
- Disable RSVP if it is removed from the dashboard
- Fixed issue where guests might be prompted to RSVP on the Moments page even if RSVP was disabled
- Allow guests to go back to the website while RSVPing on mobile
- Fixed issue where parts of an RSVP question were hidden on small screens
In our admin…
- Added new spring color palettes!
- Added ability to reorder and delete information on our mobile website and Internet Explorer
- Added ability to choose different cover photos on our mobile website
- Added a confirmation when an admin tries to change their wedding url
- Show an in-progress indicator when sending an email reminder to a Wedding Party member
- Cleaned up the Guest List UI some more
- Cleaned up the UI on our mobile site, so it’s easier to view and update information
- Display the names and wedding message in the desktop preview while creating a wedding
February 23, 2017
- There’s a new look to the Admin Dashboard page 🙂
- Improvements to loading information on the Welcome page of wedding websites
- Fixed issue where admins weren’t able to realign their cover photos on their website
- Lots of love for Internet Explorer – fixed issues in adding new Tidbits , posting comments to Moments, the timepicker, and hover over states
- Improvements in the allowing admins to update any field in the Guest List and Guest List export
- Fixed issue where couples would get multiple “Wedding code request” email, from click-happy guests
- Fixed issue where couples couldn’t set up their wedding in an in-private browser
- Server stability improvements across the platform
February 16, 2017
- Emails sent from couple (invitations, reminders, general announcements) now come from the couple’s email instead of email@example.com
- Display newly cropped Mobile Cover Photo immediately upon cropping
- Fixed issue where an admin would get multiple notifications for the same guest joining a wedding
- Fixed issue where the wedding photo wasn’t appearing when sharing to Facebook
- Fixed issue where the “Enter Event Code” popup sometimes did not appear on mobile Safari
- Fixed issue where the Travel section on web was hidden if only Flights were added
- Improved speed when adding new wedding party members
- Added more registries!
February 11, 2017
- The Wedding Party section has been completely redesigned on your website! Take a look! We’ve gotten rid of the detail view, which was confusing to some users, and instead highlight the details and photos in a fullscreen view.
- Fixed issue where users were sometimes not able to see the Styles at the bottom of the page in the Admin.
- Fixed issue where users were not able to download their guest list in IE 11
- Fixed issue where users could not upload a photo while RSVPing in IE 11
Joy for iOS, v0.0.19
February 9, 2017
- We have designed a new Home screen, making it easier to find and join weddings.
- Reordered items in your Registry, FAQ, Tidbits, Wedding Party, or Travel section? See your updates in the app 🙂
- Fixed issue where the first Q&A under Q&As was getting cut off
- Fixed issue where the Q&A note was not appearing
- Fixed issue where “21st” was appearing incorrectly as “21th”
- Fixed issue where a wedding on Dec. 31, 2017 was displaying as 2018
- Fixed issue where the wedding location would get cut off on the Welcome screen and Schedule screen if it was very lengthy
- Fixed issue for names that were using a non-breaking space
- Resolved menubar spacing issue when names were too long
- Fixed issue where the Upload buttons in Moments were invisible if the wedding color was white
- Resolved crashes and increased stability in everything from adding events to your calendar and joining a wedding
February 9, 2017
- Fixed issue where users on Android Chrome would see a message to upgrade their browser
- Fixed issue when maps don’t show up if a user doesn’t share their location
- Fixed issue where clicking on addresses in the Schedule section wasn’t opening up Google Maps
- Improved loading time in guest list to get user’s emails, if they signed up using their Google or Facebook, but hadn’t RSVPed yet
Joy for Android, v0.13.0
February 9, 2017
- Receive and make announcements now in the app!
- Show warning if user loses network connectivity
- Added a third card for RSVP in the Welcome page
- Fixed issue where Wedding Party photos sometimes appeared for the wrong person
- Fixed crashes when Notes in Travel had missing information
- Fixed issue where wedding admins were unable to invite guests
- Fixed login issues
February 3, 2017
- Added a clearer warning when admins try to remove guests from their guest list
- Added many more registries
- Redesign Security and Settings page to call attention to the fact that the option to not password protect the site requires all other sections to be “Public.” (You can’t have “Private” sections on your website without having a password.)
January 30, 2017
- Architectural changes to increase speed in loading weddings!
January 26, 2017
- Added ability for a second guest to RSVP from the same computer without creating an account. (Thank you Jonathan for bringing this up!)
- Fixed issue where the ‘Unlock Website’ button was appearing in IE11 even if the admin had disabled RSVP questions and made every section public.
- Fixed issue where the ‘Unlock Website’ button was unresponsive in the above scenario in IE11.
- Fixed issue where users were unable to unlock the website if the code was spelled incorrectly the first time.
- Added a progress indicator when admins upload an image for their Wedding Party to let admins know something is happening!
January 19, 2017
- Add an “Are you sure” prompt when users delete members in their Wedding Party.
- Guest list exports now supports commas and spaces in names.
- Fixed issue where the Story cover photo doesn’t appear, if a couple has Tidbits but no Story.
- Added IDs to the RSVP buttons on the Welcome page so that couples can customize the wording however they like!
- Fixed loading on Welcome page to get rid of button flicker during loading.
January 16, 2017
- Fixed issue where users who aren’t logged in and chat with us on Intercom may see other chat conversations from users who are also not logged in.
January 12, 2017
- Added logos for a bunch of new registries. (Let us know if you have a registry we don’t have a logo for yet!)
- Using the “General Message” to send an email to your guests? From now on out, we will display sent statuses for General Messages.
- Now you can save any kind of address to your events in Schedule, (even things like ‘My childhood home.’)
- Fixed issue where clicking on addresses in the Travel section were not automatically opening up Google Maps in a new tab.
- Fixed issue where users weren’t able to enter a wedding code if they had logged out earlier.
- Fixed issues in RSVP workflow for users who were already logged in and users on mobile web.
- Fixed issue where users on Safari 8 couldn’t see all the pages in the Add Pages popup.
December 23, 2016
- Fixed issue where guests’ answers to custom RSVP questions were not included in the CSV file when exported
December 21, 2016
- Fixed new issue where certain admins could not see an option to align their Welcome photo
- Fixed new issue where the date on the Welcome page was not getting automatically adjusted according to the user’s timezone
- Fixed new issue where the times for shuttles were not getting automatically adjusted according to the user’s timezone
- Fixed new issue where the link for shuttles wasn’t clickable
December 15, 2016
- Fixed a bug where if the same photo was used for both the app background and the Welcome page on the website, we would display the cropped for app version on the photo on the website, instead of the original.
- Line breaks in the registry note were lost in the new update, and put back!
Release Notes (it’s a biggie!)
December 13, 2016
Thanks for your patience and everyone who helped us beta test this release. It was a big one.
- We now support guests RSVPing without creating an account! Woohoo! (See here for more details – http://blog.withjoy.com/login-less-rsvp/)
- A part of the big update includes making your website live update whenever you make any saves or change any settings in your admin.
- We added performance enhancements to the guest list. Users who have had a big (150+) guest list in the past should have no problem downloading their guest list now.
- Now when you remove a guest who has joined your wedding from your guest list, they will also be removed from your joined Guests on the app.
- We’ve also fixed an issue where the wedding code did not appear in certain wedding’s emails.
- We’ve fixed an issue where the photos on the Moments page would not lay out correctly on Safari 9 and older.
- We’ve also renamed FAQ to Q & A across the web and mobile platforms to be more consistent.
That’s it for now, happy holidays everyone!
Joy for Android, v0.12.0
December 9, 2016
- We’re added reordering to Android! If you’ve reordered anything in your Wedding Party, Travel, Q&A, Registry, or Tidbits, you’ll be able to see those changes reflected in the app now 🙂
November 30, 2016
- Fixed issue where the default featured Wedding Party member wasn’t the the first person in the party, if an admin had done some reordering.
- We updated the email preview and test emails to indicate that it is in fact a test email. We had users confused about why their test emails would read “Dear firstname.lastname@example.org”, but now they read “Dear FIRST NAME [preview placeholder]’)”
- Fixed bug in RSVP workflow where a user would get stuck in the profile photo step on web, if a user had first signed up and uploaded a profile image in iOS.
Joy for Android, v0.11.1
November 23, 2016
Fixed issue where times for shuttles were not timezone-sensitive
November 23, 2016
- Fixed issue in the Guest List page, where pressing the ‘enter’ key didn’t auto-save a new guest if the user was in the email field.
- Redesigned menu in the wedding website for smaller screens and mobile.
November 21, 2016
- The last of the reordering updates! – you can now reorder each of your Travel details however you like. You can even split up the sections, to have a Travel Note first, then a Hotel, then another Note! 📝🏩📝
- Fixed issue in Firefox where the website menu was not auto-scrolling to each section.
- Desktop preview in the admin no longer uses the version of the photo that was cropped for the app.
- Fixed issue where a guest who had first RSVPed with a profile photo in the app was not able to update their photo on the website if they went back to edit their RSVP.
- We’ve made ongoing improvements to loading time, by loading components only when necessary.
One thing to note: Our new Reordering features are currently for the web only. The changes won’t be reflected in the Android or iOS app for a few more weeks. Why? That’s a good question. Making changes to the app requires additional work and approval processes. Thanks for your patience while we roll out these updates in the coming weeks!
November 9, 2016
- We added reordering to Tidbits and FAQ now! It’s a reordering 🔼🔽 party.
- Improved editing experience in Wedding Party so that the ‘Invite to Joy’ checkbox gets checked only once an admin adds an email.
- Fixed issue in RSVP when the page would sometimes pause.
- US Addresses are now displayed on the wedding website using the US Mailing Address format.
- Fixed issue where the times in Schedule were aligned a little funny in smaller screens and Safari 9.
- Fixed issue where the wedding code would be shown instead of the wedding url in the mobile website Moments page if a couple had turned the wedding code.
November 4, 2016
- We added reordering to Registry! Reorder to your heart’s content.
- Line breaks are now allowed in registry notes, idea courtesy of a Ms. Ellen who wrote a cute poem for her note!
- Fixed issue where admins could not delete FAQs or Travel cards in Firefox.
- Fixed issue where http://www.mercyforanimals.org/ was showing a Rainforest Network logo instead of Mercy for Animals.
- Server stability enhancements.
November 1, 2016
- Fixed issue where our backsplash shield was covering our dropdown Photo Editing menus on the wedding websites, making it hard to realign Cover Photos.
- Fixed issue where admins couldn’t delete Tidbits.
- Fixed issue where a description in a Schedule Event might overflow, if it contained very long links.
- Fixed issue where our in-app Invite Links would no longer auto-join new guests.
Joy for Android, v0.11.0
October 31, 2016
Happy Halloween! 🎃 We have a couple treats for you all!
- We’ve added the ability to turn off notifications.
- Improved timezone support.
- Guests are no longer asked for a fun fact, but instead asked “How do you know the couple?”
- Guests who haven’t answered updated their profile now show an empty profile (instead of the default profile or suggestions.)
- Removed the placeholder cover photos in Story, Schedule, and Travel.
- Fixed issue where items in Travel were displaying in a different order than the website.
- Fixed issue where the Story, some Wedding Party bios, and longer Registry notes would get cut off.
- Fixed issue where guests were able to delete wedding moments.
October 28, 2016
- Fixed issue where Wedding Party sorting was inaccurate if the Wedding Party was larger than 9.
- Fixed issues on the wedding website, including cover photos and url shortcut not changing on scroll, Align Photo icon being hidden, and Welcome cover photo and Moments being unviewable on the mobile site.
- Fixed crash if someone tried to click/tap the RSVP/Join button multiple times in a row.
- Fixed a stack overflow issue in Moments when you were to open up the lightbox view.
October 26, 2016
- Now you can reorder your Wedding Party right in the Wedding Party Editor! 🎉🎊
- Now if your browser goes offline and you get disconnected while editing your wedding, we’ll show you an alert that’ll help you reconnect.
- We heard that couples were confused about which guests had already made accounts. We simplified the design, so admins can easily see who has joined and how they joined.
- Fixed issue in the schedule where events that ended or started at midnight appeared as 0:00am instead of 12:00am.
- Fixed issue in the schedule editor where the incorrect datepicker and timepicker would sometimes pop up.
- Fixed issue where schedule events couldn’t get deleted in Firefox.
- Improved scrolling UI on wedding websites.
- Hide the Menu help bubble on mobile websites.
- Stabilized media server.
October 21, 2016
- You asked and we listened! Crop your Wedding Party photos directly in the admin.
- TBA Schedule events now fall under an “To Be Announced” section on the website.
- The “Joy Account” column has been moved to the beginning of the Guest List, making it easier for admins to see who has already made an account.
- Need to delete a bunch of guests or your whole guest list? Now you can. (We removed the 5-user delete limit.)
- Admins can now customize the RSVP button text using custom CSS.
- Fixed issue where emails to the same email address but different people would show the same addressed name.
- Fixed issue where the app cover photo and guest profile photos couldn’t be cropped.
October 18, 2016
- Guests can now crop their profile photo for their profile.
- Allow admins to write longer email subjects.
- If you’re typing a very long story in Story, the field no longer jumps to the top.
- Bug fix for cropping the cover photo for the app.
- Bug fixes for the wedding websites in Wedding Party, our new link buttons on the wedding websites, and the menu bar.
- Bug fixes for older browsers like Safari 8.
October 4, 2016
- Admins can add events without a date and time to their Schedule. They will appear in a section called “To Be Announced”.
- Admins can now send General Messages to their guests via email.
- Admins can choose to hide their guest list from their guests on the app.
- Wedding creators can transfer the “ownership” of their wedding to another account.
- UI improvements to the Guest section explaining how to send invites.
- Standardized the way links on the wedding websites appear.
- Fixed a rendering bug in Chrome, where the right side of the screen of the website would flicker when you scrolled at certain screen widths.
Joy for Android, v0.10.0
September 30, 2016
- Admins can now hide the Guests section in the app from their guests.
- Registry and FAQ should be ordered as on the website
- Guests can now ask couples questions over email form the FAQ section
- Made the travel UI more readable
- Added logos for a few more non-profit registries
Joy for iOS, v0.0.18
September 13, 2016
* Allow couples to hide their guest list
* The travel section now shows flight information
* Faster download of images in moments.
Joy for Android, v0.9.0
August 29, 2016
1. Flight information now shows up in the travel section
2. Menu and page titles can now be customized from the admin console.
Joy for iOS, v0.0.17
August 15, 2016
1. Menu names now use your custom page titles just like your website.
2. Fixed an issue where your wedding party was displayed out of ordered and shows the wrong person when clicked on.
3. You can now add links to your welcome page greeting using Markdown syntax.
August 9, 2016
1. Fixed an issue where Google Maps suggestions were not working when adding an event schedule in the Wedding Editor.
2. Increased the character count of “notes” content for travel items in the Wedding Editor.