February 16, 2017
- Emails sent from couple (invitations, reminders, general announcements) now come from the couple’s email instead of email@example.com
- Display newly cropped Mobile Cover Photo immediately upon cropping
- Fixed issue where an admin would get multiple notifications for the same guest joining a wedding
- Fixed issue where the wedding photo wasn’t appearing when sharing to Facebook
- Fixed issue where the “Enter Event Code” popup sometimes did not appear on mobile Safari
- Fixed issue where the Travel section on web was hidden if only Flights were added
- Improved speed when adding new wedding party members
- Added more registries!
February 11, 2017
- The Wedding Party section has been completely redesigned on your website! Take a look! We’ve gotten rid of the detail view, which was confusing to some users, and instead highlight the details and photos in a fullscreen view.
- Fixed issue where users were sometimes not able to see the Styles at the bottom of the page in the Admin.
- Fixed issue where users were not able to download their guest list in IE 11
- Fixed issue where users could not upload a photo while RSVPing in IE 11
Joy for iOS, v0.0.19
February 9, 2017
- We have designed a new Home screen, making it easier to find and join weddings.
- Reordered items in your Registry, FAQ, Tidbits, Wedding Party, or Travel section? See your updates in the app 🙂
- Fixed issue where the first Q&A under Q&As was getting cut off
- Fixed issue where the Q&A note was not appearing
- Fixed issue where “21st” was appearing incorrectly as “21th”
- Fixed issue where a wedding on Dec. 31, 2017 was displaying as 2018
- Fixed issue where the wedding location would get cut off on the Welcome screen and Schedule screen if it was very lengthy
- Fixed issue for names that were using a non-breaking space
- Resolved menubar spacing issue when names were too long
- Fixed issue where the Upload buttons in Moments were invisible if the wedding color was white
- Resolved crashes and increased stability in everything from adding events to your calendar and joining a wedding
February 9, 2017
- Fixed issue where users on Android Chrome would see a message to upgrade their browser
- Fixed issue when maps don’t show up if a user doesn’t share their location
- Fixed issue where clicking on addresses in the Schedule section wasn’t opening up Google Maps
- Improved loading time in guest list to get user’s emails, if they signed up using their Google or Facebook, but hadn’t RSVPed yet
February 3, 2017
- Added a clearer warning when admins try to remove guests from their guest list
- Added many more registries
- Redesign Security and Settings page to call attention to the fact that the option to not password protect the site requires all other sections to be “Public.” (You can’t have “Private” sections on your website without having a password.)
January 30, 2017
- Architectural changes to increase speed in loading weddings!
January 26, 2017
- Added ability for a second guest to RSVP from the same computer without creating an account. (Thank you Jonathan for bringing this up!)
- Fixed issue where the ‘Unlock Website’ button was appearing in IE11 even if the admin had disabled RSVP questions and made every section public.
- Fixed issue where the ‘Unlock Website’ button was unresponsive in the above scenario in IE11.
- Fixed issue where users were unable to unlock the website if the code was spelled incorrectly the first time.
- Added a progress indicator when admins upload an image for their Wedding Party to let admins know something is happening!
January 19, 2017
- Add an “Are you sure” prompt when users delete members in their Wedding Party.
- Guest list exports now supports commas and spaces in names.
- Fixed issue where the Story cover photo doesn’t appear, if a couple has Tidbits but no Story.
- Added IDs to the RSVP buttons on the Welcome page so that couples can customize the wording however they like!
- Fixed loading on Welcome page to get rid of button flicker during loading.
January 16, 2017
- Fixed issue where users who aren’t logged in and chat with us on Intercom may see other chat conversations from users who are also not logged in.
January 12, 2017
- Added logos for a bunch of new registries. (Let us know if you have a registry we don’t have a logo for yet!)
- Using the “General Message” to send an email to your guests? From now on out, we will display sent statuses for General Messages.
- Now you can save any kind of address to your events in Schedule, (even things like ‘My childhood home.’)
- Fixed issue where clicking on addresses in the Travel section were not automatically opening up Google Maps in a new tab.
- Fixed issue where users weren’t able to enter a wedding code if they had logged out earlier.
- Fixed issues in RSVP workflow for users who were already logged in and users on mobile web.
- Fixed issue where users on Safari 8 couldn’t see all the pages in the Add Pages popup.
December 23, 2016
- Fixed issue where guests’ answers to custom RSVP questions were not included in the CSV file when exported
December 21, 2016
- Fixed new issue where certain admins could not see an option to align their Welcome photo
- Fixed new issue where the date on the Welcome page was not getting automatically adjusted according to the user’s timezone
- Fixed new issue where the times for shuttles were not getting automatically adjusted according to the user’s timezone
- Fixed new issue where the link for shuttles wasn’t clickable
December 15, 2016
- Fixed a bug where if the same photo was used for both the app background and the Welcome page on the website, we would display the cropped for app version on the photo on the website, instead of the original.
- Line breaks in the registry note were lost in the new update, and put back!
Release Notes (it’s a biggie!)
December 13, 2016
Thanks for your patience and everyone who helped us beta test this release. It was a big one.
- We now support guests RSVPing without creating an account! Woohoo! (See here for more details – http://blog.withjoy.com/login-less-rsvp/)
- A part of the big update includes making your website live update whenever you make any saves or change any settings in your admin.
- We added performance enhancements to the guest list. Users who have had a big (150+) guest list in the past should have no problem downloading their guest list now.
- Now when you remove a guest who has joined your wedding from your guest list, they will also be removed from your joined Guests on the app.
- We’ve also fixed an issue where the wedding code did not appear in certain wedding’s emails.
- We’ve fixed an issue where the photos on the Moments page would not lay out correctly on Safari 9 and older.
- We’ve also renamed FAQ to Q & A across the web and mobile platforms to be more consistent.
That’s it for now, happy holidays everyone!
Joy for Android, v0.12.0
December 9, 2016
- We’re added reordering to Android! If you’ve reordered anything in your Wedding Party, Travel, Q&A, Registry, or Tidbits, you’ll be able to see those changes reflected in the app now 🙂
November 30, 2016
- Fixed issue where the default featured Wedding Party member wasn’t the the first person in the party, if an admin had done some reordering.
- We updated the email preview and test emails to indicate that it is in fact a test email. We had users confused about why their test emails would read “Dear firstname.lastname@example.org”, but now they read “Dear FIRST NAME [preview placeholder]’)”
- Fixed bug in RSVP workflow where a user would get stuck in the profile photo step on web, if a user had first signed up and uploaded a profile image in iOS.
Joy for Android, v0.11.1
November 23, 2016
Fixed issue where times for shuttles were not timezone-sensitive
November 23, 2016
- Fixed issue in the Guest List page, where pressing the ‘enter’ key didn’t auto-save a new guest if the user was in the email field.
- Redesigned menu in the wedding website for smaller screens and mobile.
November 21, 2016
- The last of the reordering updates! – you can now reorder each of your Travel details however you like. You can even split up the sections, to have a Travel Note first, then a Hotel, then another Note! 📝🏩📝
- Fixed issue in Firefox where the website menu was not auto-scrolling to each section.
- Desktop preview in the admin no longer uses the version of the photo that was cropped for the app.
- Fixed issue where a guest who had first RSVPed with a profile photo in the app was not able to update their photo on the website if they went back to edit their RSVP.
- We’ve made ongoing improvements to loading time, by loading components only when necessary.
One thing to note: Our new Reordering features are currently for the web only. The changes won’t be reflected in the Android or iOS app for a few more weeks. Why? That’s a good question. Making changes to the app requires additional work and approval processes. Thanks for your patience while we roll out these updates in the coming weeks!
November 9, 2016
- We added reordering to Tidbits and FAQ now! It’s a reordering 🔼🔽 party.
- Improved editing experience in Wedding Party so that the ‘Invite to Joy’ checkbox gets checked only once an admin adds an email.
- Fixed issue in RSVP when the page would sometimes pause.
- US Addresses are now displayed on the wedding website using the US Mailing Address format.
- Fixed issue where the times in Schedule were aligned a little funny in smaller screens and Safari 9.
- Fixed issue where the wedding code would be shown instead of the wedding url in the mobile website Moments page if a couple had turned the wedding code.
November 4, 2016
- We added reordering to Registry! Reorder to your heart’s content.
- Line breaks are now allowed in registry notes, idea courtesy of a Ms. Ellen who wrote a cute poem for her note!
- Fixed issue where admins could not delete FAQs or Travel cards in Firefox.
- Fixed issue where http://www.mercyforanimals.org/ was showing a Rainforest Network logo instead of Mercy for Animals.
- Server stability enhancements.
November 1, 2016
- Fixed issue where our backsplash shield was covering our dropdown Photo Editing menus on the wedding websites, making it hard to realign Cover Photos.
- Fixed issue where admins couldn’t delete Tidbits.
- Fixed issue where a description in a Schedule Event might overflow, if it contained very long links.
- Fixed issue where our in-app Invite Links would no longer auto-join new guests.
Joy for Android, v0.11.0
October 31, 2016
Happy Halloween! 🎃 We have a couple treats for you all!
- We’ve added the ability to turn off notifications.
- Improved timezone support.
- Guests are no longer asked for a fun fact, but instead asked “How do you know the couple?”
- Guests who haven’t answered updated their profile now show an empty profile (instead of the default profile or suggestions.)
- Removed the placeholder cover photos in Story, Schedule, and Travel.
- Fixed issue where items in Travel were displaying in a different order than the website.
- Fixed issue where the Story, some Wedding Party bios, and longer Registry notes would get cut off.
- Fixed issue where guests were able to delete wedding moments.
October 28, 2016
- Fixed issue where Wedding Party sorting was inaccurate if the Wedding Party was larger than 9.
- Fixed issues on the wedding website, including cover photos and url shortcut not changing on scroll, Align Photo icon being hidden, and Welcome cover photo and Moments being unviewable on the mobile site.
- Fixed crash if someone tried to click/tap the RSVP/Join button multiple times in a row.
- Fixed a stack overflow issue in Moments when you were to open up the lightbox view.
October 26, 2016
- Now you can reorder your Wedding Party right in the Wedding Party Editor! 🎉🎊
- Now if your browser goes offline and you get disconnected while editing your wedding, we’ll show you an alert that’ll help you reconnect.
- We heard that couples were confused about which guests had already made accounts. We simplified the design, so admins can easily see who has joined and how they joined.
- Fixed issue in the schedule where events that ended or started at midnight appeared as 0:00am instead of 12:00am.
- Fixed issue in the schedule editor where the incorrect datepicker and timepicker would sometimes pop up.
- Fixed issue where schedule events couldn’t get deleted in Firefox.
- Improved scrolling UI on wedding websites.
- Hide the Menu help bubble on mobile websites.
- Stabilized media server.
October 21, 2016
- You asked and we listened! Crop your Wedding Party photos directly in the admin.
- TBA Schedule events now fall under an “To Be Announced” section on the website.
- The “Joy Account” column has been moved to the beginning of the Guest List, making it easier for admins to see who has already made an account.
- Need to delete a bunch of guests or your whole guest list? Now you can. (We removed the 5-user delete limit.)
- Admins can now customize the RSVP button text using custom CSS.
- Fixed issue where emails to the same email address but different people would show the same addressed name.
- Fixed issue where the app cover photo and guest profile photos couldn’t be cropped.
October 18, 2016
- Guests can now crop their profile photo for their profile.
- Allow admins to write longer email subjects.
- If you’re typing a very long story in Story, the field no longer jumps to the top.
- Bug fix for cropping the cover photo for the app.
- Bug fixes for the wedding websites in Wedding Party, our new link buttons on the wedding websites, and the menu bar.
- Bug fixes for older browsers like Safari 8.
October 4, 2016
- Admins can add events without a date and time to their Schedule. They will appear in a section called “To Be Announced”.
- Admins can now send General Messages to their guests via email.
- Admins can choose to hide their guest list from their guests on the app.
- Wedding creators can transfer the “ownership” of their wedding to another account.
- UI improvements to the Guest section explaining how to send invites.
- Standardized the way links on the wedding websites appear.
- Fixed a rendering bug in Chrome, where the right side of the screen of the website would flicker when you scrolled at certain screen widths.
Joy for Android, v0.10.0
September 30, 2016
- Admins can now hide the Guests section in the app from their guests.
- Registry and FAQ should be ordered as on the website
- Guests can now ask couples questions over email form the FAQ section
- Made the travel UI more readable
- Added logos for a few more non-profit registries
Joy for iOS, v0.0.18
September 13, 2016
* Allow couples to hide their guest list
* The travel section now shows flight information
* Faster download of images in moments.
Joy for Android, v0.9.0
August 29, 2016
1. Flight information now shows up in the travel section
2. Menu and page titles can now be customized from the admin console.
Joy for iOS, v0.0.17
August 15, 2016
1. Menu names now use your custom page titles just like your website.
2. Fixed an issue where your wedding party was displayed out of ordered and shows the wrong person when clicked on.
3. You can now add links to your welcome page greeting using Markdown syntax.
August 9, 2016
1. Fixed an issue where Google Maps suggestions were not working when adding an event schedule in the Wedding Editor.
2. Increased the character count of “notes” content for travel items in the Wedding Editor.